Monday, April 03, 2006

Nocturnal?

The trouble with A being away is my sleep patterns go to pot. I don't know why this should be - I lived on my own perfectly well before we married - but now, when he is away for more than a night, my ability to go to bed on time goes out of the window. Much like a teenager's the first time they're left in the house alone, I suppose. The trouble is, once I get up there, I really can't drop off anyway, so prowl the house off and on all night. In the wee small hours of this morning, however, I was compensated by this sight:
Lilly and her daughter Stella.

Cute huh?

And in case you were wondering, the sofa has no cover on it at the moment due to the acrobatics of Lil (on the left) who decided to leap from the arm of the sofa to the occasional table close by (another idiosyncracy - what is it when it's not being a table?), lost her footing on the TV pages and somehow knocked a glass of red wine backwards onto the sofa. Luckily we were quick enough to stop any staining, but with A not here, I don't have enough arms to stretch the covers while I iron them before putting them back on. That's my excuse, anyway...

No comments: