Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Big Sulks

Tonight after work I headed straight back to the Trafford Centre - not to feed my growing Radley habit, but for a haircut. Life's been so hectic recently (or I've been so lazy - take your pick) that I haven't got around to booking an appointment anywhere. On Saturday, I saw that the salon in TC had "walk-in" appointments during the week, so thought I'd chance my arm. I got there about 6, but there were no slots till 8. No bother - I can always while away a couple of hours in bookshops and Tampopo. Went for my cut, then went for a coffee and finally arrived home after 10. You can tell it's the last week of term!

Anyway, I arrived home to find Stella (baby cat, not keen on humans) pacing the floor - most unusual - but no sign of Lil (fat mum, full of cupboard love). Not like Lil, I thought. She's usually waiting by the door, nagging me to feed her the moment I get in. I pottered about a bit, Stella continued to pace (what is she trying to tell me?), still no Lil. It was only as I was about to go upstairs that I noticed the office door was shut. Uh oh. I didn't shut it this morning...

A very disgruntled cat stalked out and she is still refusing to speak to me. I am definitely in her bad books - first A goes away; then I clear off for a night to see my Mum & Dad; disturb her sleep on Sunday night by prowling around and to round it off forget to shut the office door before going to work, even though I know my cleaning lady is coming round and that that's where Lil will hide from the manic vacuuming if she gets the chance! Of course, Alex always shuts that door when she leaves, but Lil hides so well, she wouldn't see her...

The bad vibes are palpable. I have been well and truly reprimanded by a cat who has been physically prevented from accessing food, litter tray and cat flap for the best part of seven hours. That'll teach me to gad about of a weekday evening...

No comments: