Monday, April 24, 2006

Jasper

So, term starts again, and the usual happens. I read through my planning, so I know exactly what I'm teaching. I laminate a few resources (how sad am I that have my own laminator?), while away a pleasant hour and half watching Sean Bean (phwoar!), go to bed yawning and fully rested.

And...

Well, you can guess...

Ten minutes after turning the lights out - PING! Eyes wide open, brain racing like mad. I've forgotten something. I'm sure I have. No, it's no good, I can't lie here...

So midnight finds me downstairs again, flicking through the Sunday supplements, trying to bore myself to sleep reading about the nouveau riche Russians buying their way into Henley Regatta and the other key events in the Hooray social calendar.

The only thing that comforts me is that up and down the country there will be a multitude of teachers all in the same boat (I know because I can name several from my own school...)

Why oh why?

And then, to top it all, after less than 5 hours sleep, I am woken before 6 by a demented wasp trapped between curtain and window.

What the heck does it think it can sting that early in the morning? Even the starlings were muttering at it. (Just think about the birds in Roobarb and Custard to get the idea...)

No comments: