Wednesday, November 07, 2007

WIP Wednesday

It's been ages since I've had an update on any works in progress, so I thought it was time to show you some new things.

I've cast on some socks:











The one on the left is using some of the Fabel sock yarn I bought in Gothenburg to make some Christmas socks for my Dad, the one on the right is a plain sock pattern in Opal Rodeo from Stash (the yarn I made Eleanor's socks in in the Spring).

I've also cast on an item with interesting construction....


Anyone guess what it is from this photo?

Pondemonium and Best of Both Whirls are no different (bad knitter!)

I've also had a few finished objects since the last WIP Wednesday. The shrug and the Monkey socks have already featured,but here is one you won't have seen:

More Scar socks! I decided to cast these on on Friday for a friend's birthday yesterday,. The first came out very fast, but I hit Second Sock Syndrome a bit on Sunday (and also had my school work to do). I was quite pleased the school trip coach got a bit stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the Manchester Science Museum on Monday, gave me an extra 20 minutes in the day rather than at night!


Pattern: Scar from Sock Wars 2
Yarn: Posh Yarn Emily in "Helter Skelter"
Needles: 3.25mm DPN
Mods: kbl into picked up stitches along gusset
Cast On: Friday 2nd Nov
Cast Off: Monday 5th Nov

No comments: