Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just a quickie...

For those sceptical readers out there, I would like to say that it is now over three weeks since I started my Lenten casting on "fast". I have not cast on any new projects at all. I did cast on some knitting for the finishing techniques course I attended last weekend, but since it is a mini set of shoulders (shaped by short rows) with a three needle cast off and stitches picked up round a mini neck, it can't count as no-one could use it for anything. Since I started I have finished two garments (pics to follow) and the third should be finishe by the end of Friday.

My strongest test, however, will start Saturday, since the is the start of the Sock Knitters Pentathlon 2008. Luckily I am not really a speedy kniter, so the fact I can't start immediately probably won't make a great deal of difference in the grand scheme of things - I know I'm not quick enough to be in with a chance for the medals, anyway.

School is hectic again, I don't know what it is about the Spring term this year - maybe it's because we keep trying to cram 8 weeks work into 5 week blocks...

Anyway, I will drop by soon,

TTFN

No comments: