Sunday, April 29, 2007

Monkey Madness!


OK, so these are apes, not monkeys. but you'll see the link, I promise!


Today, we went to Chester Zoo with my Mum & Dad. they haven't been to a zoo for maybe 25 years, since Mum isn't really keen on the idea of them, but she was impressed by how much they have changed in recent years.


Here are some beautiful giraffes, aren't they lovely?


It was a glorious day, brilliant weather. Couldn't ask for more really.


And the monkey link? Well, I finished my Monkey socks, just in time to count as my April socks for SAM3!


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Yarn: Opal Rainforest in Eule (Owl)
Needles: 2.5 mm aluminium DPNs
Mods: I just used 1x1 rib, rather than twisted rib - my ankles aren't as slender as Cookie's and I need all the stretch I can get!I also added one extra pair of decrease rows, to finish with 24 stitches.


Soundtrack: Orange Juice - Rip It Up; It's Yer Money - The Wonder Stuff; That's All - Genesis

No comments: