Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thinking Skills

Yesterday was another INSET, we revisited the thinking skills from last year and have made a decision that we are going to introduce De Bono's Thinking Hats. Has anybody out there used them with schools? (Assuming of course that there is any one out there reading this... halloo..oo..oo..oo..)

I'm quite excited by it, I just feel that I'm not as sure about them myelf as I could be (story of my life!). I'm going to start this week using the White and the Red Hats to talk about the school/local environment. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Louise said...

With infants, it is really useful if you can actually have a red hat/white hat to put on while discussing each one. It helps an abstract idea become a little more real, which is obviously what infants need! Personally, I am a big fan of them and used them in my previous school to great effect.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Drop me an email - I may be able to help you ideas, especially in the juniors.

RossA
www.primary-teacher-uk.co.uk

Nic said...

How could I have forgotten that you had tried them already, Lou?

Thanks for your advice!

Andrew - I will definitely be in touch!

Louise said...

How easily am I forgotten! :-(
A sad but true fact of life I fear!

Nic said...

Now that's not fair! That INSET was at the end of April and we had other things to put in place that term if I remember rightly ;-)

And then after that, you were just a little bit busy...

Nic said...

Hey, I hadn't thought of that! I could KNIT them!!