Sunday, May 07, 2006

Trauma...

Well, I don't suppose you'll agree, but I think this is traumatic. Oxford United have been relegated to the Conference. For the first time since 1962, when they joined Division 4 on the demise of Accrington Stanley, they are not in the Football League.

The only up side is that this season, Northwich Victoria were promoted to the Conference, so they'll be playing them. This of course, gives A and I the same problem as when United were in the same league as Macclesfield Town and I would refuse to stand in the home end of the Moss Rose to watch United and he would refuse to stand in the away end! I recruited a colleague of mine at the time who, if he can't watch his beloved Norwich City will watch any match he can get to, so A wouldn't worry about me standing with a group of manic footie fans (He worries too much!) The funny thing was trying to explain to my cousin, a United season ticket holder who had come up to Cheshire for the match, why I was watching it with a bloke he'd never met before, rather than my husband...

No comments: