Sunday, April 28, 2013

4KCBWDAY7: Looking Forward

One year from now, when the 5th Knitting & Crochet Blog Week rolls around, where do you hope your crafting will have taken you to? What new skills, projects and experiences do you hope you might have conquered or tried?

I would dearly love my crafting to have taken me to a specific house just outside Barmouth, where there are outbuildings galore and room for a couple of alpaca, but without winning the lottery, those dreams are beyond my reach at present.

In terms of techniques, I would like to make a fair isle vest that requires a steek. I would also like to learn dressmaking, but I'm not prepared to invest time in either of those activities until I have finished losing weight and my body shape has settled. Therefore the single biggest thing I would like to achieve craft-wise over the next year is to spin enough yarn from raw sheep fleece to make a garment. I've done loud and chunky with the Rainbow Liesl; now it's time for something more refined. 
 

3 comments:

Liz said...

I think spinning for a project is a huge challenge and I look forward to seeing you spin from fleece to finished object :)

Anonymous said...

I really hope you win the lottery and get those Alpaca in the next year. failing that, I look forward to hearing about the sheep to garment :)

Unknown said...

Good luck with your spinning, sounds like a great idea if the alpaca plan doesn't pan out ;-)