Wednesday, May 16, 2007

SP10 context #2

Bobbi has set us another blog contest, this time on the subject of travel:

With the weather turning warmer, many of you are thinking of traveling. 1) What do you pack to knit? and 2) What do you hope to shop for?

Assume that you will be gone for ten days to someplace "foreign" that is known for having great knitting locations. (Bonus: Where would you go on a "knitting holiday"?)


Well, since I have been knitting seriously, I have been away for several weekends. The minimum that goes with me is sock knitting, which I keep in a little green bag I picked up on my one and only trip to Primark (my God, that was hell!). If I can sneak the main bag (also a Primark special, looks a bit like a Jordana Paige, but was about a twelfth of the price!) past A, I will take it, as I did to the Lakes at Easter. Then I can pick up and put down different projects depending on the light available, how much I need to concentrate on whatever I'm watching on the TV, etc. I also love to take my knitting on public transport, mainly socks but I did work on Bruce's blanket on the train back in February. I haven't been abroad since I picked up the needles, so haven't had to make a decision about whether to chance my arm with airport security...

What would I shop for? Haven't the foggiest! Something unusual I suppose (was seriously tempted by cones of alpaca in the Lakes) that I could get at a bargain without import duties or suchlike.

Where would I go for a knitting holiday? I'd love to learn Fair Isle on the Fair Isles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing