Well, I have.
But not Dad's...
Once I had finished it, I couldn't stop myself casting on for a pair for my Secret Pal, in a lovely squishy cotton. It was knit on bigger needles than I usually use for socks, but i followed that pattern faithfully and my tension was right, so I was concerned when the first sock was slightly baggy around my ankles, which I would imagine are somewhat bigger than my Secret Pal's. (I don't know this for sure, but she has smaller feet that me and my ankles are bigger than most knitting pattern specs.) Anyway, after generating some giggles at Thursday's knitting group, I decided that the second sock needed to have the cuff knit on smaller needles. Here is the photographic proof:
The one on the right does look like it's been knit for someone with elephantitis.
So I ripped it. What else could I do?
It didn't end up fully in the frog pond, I just took it back to a couple of cm above the heel and I am much happier with the result. They are currently blocking as I speak, so I have no finished photos, but believe me, they are done. In less than a fortnight, too. Speedy Gonzales! I won't publish full details until after they've been received, towards the end of June.
Eagle-eyed readers may also have spotted a new button on the side. I have signed up for Sockapalooza, which is a sock exchange. I already have in mind what I would like to knit for my Sock Pal, but I really can't give any details here - she and I are both newbies to Sockapalooza, so it's not inconceivable she could stumble on my blog and what I have in mind is VERY personal to her - if I can pull it off, mind! It's all in my head, I just need to work out how to construct it...