Sunday, March 12, 2006

Weird Weather

Today we woke up to snow, for the second weekend in a row. It's unusual for snow to lay here (it hits the Peaks and the east side of the county, but is less common here in the Plain) but it is this morning. It's nowhere near as much as last Saturday, where we had over an inch all over and I was the first person in our cul-de-sac to leave any footprints (the milkman's had already been obliterated). Today's snow is only sticking to the grass and the cars, though - most disappointing.

I'm glad A and I went out for a walk yesterday though - the snow is enough of an excuse for him to stay curled up in front of the Grand Prix (deep joy - six months of doing nothing together on a Sunday beckons...). We walked along the Macclesfield Canal, then up the steep face of The Cloud at Bosley. I don't think I've ever got so covered in mud, as the picture shows - up to the knees! The fields we needed to cross to reach the canal were nothing short of a quagmire and the tow path wasn't much better. I did think I was going to leave one of my boots behind somewhere. I was so glad I'd put my longjohns on underneath - sometimes it's hard being nesh, but I was so glad of them yesterday! I also christened my walking pole - very handy in that slippy mud! Just a 7 miler this weekend, but it is our first walk since New Year's Day, so it's a gentle break in.

No comments: