Monday, March 13, 2006

Today is one of those days...

...that make it all worthwhile.

OK, that sounds nauseatingly like a cliché but just because it's a cliché it doesn't mean it isn't true.

S hasn't always found it easy working with the rest of my Y2s, but this morning he was the only child who could tell me how to work out how many candles I will have blown out on all my birthday cakes after my next birthday - the sum of all the numbers from 1 to 36. No mean feat for a child who in September struggled to recognise numbers bigger than 20. He got such a buzz from telling everyone - hurrah!

Then this afternoon, I had some children producing writing with lots of features Level 3 - hurrah again! Teaching writing is not my strong point and Level 3 is writing above the national expectation for the age group I teach. I can see all the potential bubbling under the surface, but I haven't always felt that I've coaxed it out. Maybe we're turning that corner...

No comments: