Thursday, April 26, 2012

Two Years On...

I was excited by the idea of the Coalition Government - after all, it was the only realistic way that the Liberal Democrats would be able to influence policies in the current system. The catalogue of disparaging comments aimed towards Nick Clegg was phenomenal, some with just cause.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of what goes on at Local or National Government to comment with any authority, but that seldom seems to stop anyone else, so maybe I should cough up my two pennyworth anyway. I can't see a way forward here - whilst Opposition and Conservative  backbenchers merrily berate Cameron and Osborne as "two posh boys who, when something goes wrong, sack the servants" where is Clegg? What is he doing to distance himself from the posh boy image?

At the risk of sounding like someone from my mother's generation, we appear to be going to hell in a hand basket.

1 comment:

ElsieJoy said...

I'm of your mothers generation and we are indeed 'going to hell in a basket'..Like you, was looking forward to a coalition government as it couldn't possibly be worse than the legacy of G. Brown esquire, but it is worse and looks like getting worse